Teeth are one of the most important parts of the oral cavity. They help us in breaking down and chewing our food which our body uses to derive its energy.
We use our teeth to chew several food items in a day. As a result our teeth come in contact with problematic bacterias which may cause tar formation, yellowing of teeth, oral infections, weakening of the gums and bleeding from the teeth.
All of these issues can be easily countered if one follows an oral care regimen religiously. Here are some tips to help you take care of your teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Floss your teeth at least once in two days.
- Use a mouthwash to keep bad breath at bay.
- Keep your sugar intake under control.
- Visit a Dentist in Lahore once in three months.
People who ignore their oral hygiene suffer from dental problems which require root canal and other treatments to bring their teeth back in shape.
What is a root canal?
As we have discussed, if proper care of teeth is not taken, your teeth can get severely affected. So when the bacteria infects the root canal present beneath your teeth you may need a root canal therapy to eliminate the bacteria and save the natural teeth.
The procedure of a root canal looks like this:
- After you settle down in your dentist’s chair they will start the procedure by injecting anesthetic medicine in the gums beneath your problematic tooth.
- Next is the step where the dentist drills within your teeth to access the root canal and use a cleaning solution to disinfect the root canal.
- Then they shape the canals and fill them up with adhesive cement to prevent re-infection.
- Sealants are then applied to the hole made for accessing the root canal.
- If a patient’s tooth is severely damaged they may need a crown to restore bite and stability.
- Patients need to take oral antibiotics to kill the bacteria completely.
The procedure of a root canal is quite a simple and quick one and can be done in two clinical sittings.
A lot of people have the phobia of enduring pain during treatments. The good news for such people is that root canal therapy is free of pain. It is because dentists use anesthetic medicine to numb the area around problematic teeth before they start the procedure. This eliminates any chances of pain and patients get done with the treatment even before they know it.
Below mentioned is a list of some common dental problems that may require root canal as a treatment:
- Toothache (one of the most common red flags)
- Yellowing of teeth
- Swelling in the gums
- Weakening or breaking down of teeth
- If your teeth become sensitive to hot or cold
- If you can’t breakdown the food properly
- You have cavity in your tooth
If you are seeing any of the above mentioned symptoms you should immediately seek advice from a qualified dentist via oladoc.com.
There are several benefits of root canal therapy. Some of them are as under:
- Helps get rid of toothache.
- Helps prevent tooth decay.
- Improves the health of your teeth.
- Prevents jawbone from degeneration.
- Helps fix the gap between your teeth.
The healing time after root canal therapy is around two to three days. You might feel a little discomfort or pain in your teeth during these days. If you want your root canal’s results ro last long you should brush and floss your teeth regularly.